It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Even Now

I don't know how I did it , but I just looked in the mirror, the full length mirror and a woman from the 1950's  was looking back at me.

She has long blonde hair   to the shoulders,  that is sort of doing this bouffant flip thing ...
I know she didn't mean to get that look, there are days that her  hair has a mind of its own.
Today was one of those days ... Mary Tyler Moore with blonde hair might sum it up.

The weight gain, to ease off the big weight loss ( that was not needed in the first place) has been coming along but I think I am going to stop where I am and not think about it anymore.
The more you think about how much/little you weigh , the more anxious you can get about eating .. too much, too little .. don't think about it.
Eat right, eat when it is mealtime and not too much   ... the end.

I have been told to go shopping, not to worry about anything.
I won't go shopping but I admit to having a tiny spree online with Sephora.com and Cuisinart.
Yeah, Makeup and Gold  Coffee Filters.....  I am going wild.

The cats are all at ease .. we all have settled on Who goes Where on the bed at night and during the day .We all have our spots that we like best.
I get the most spots and sometimes someone has to move over and let me in ... that is the way it is at my house ..
Minette is still my darling .. she is such a Good Girl and so sweet .
Merlin breaks my heart every day with his sweetness and age , he is so very dear to me.
Honey is the baby, even though she is the largest, she is the youngest and has attached herself to me.
I am in my chair at my desk.
She is on the antique toy chest under the window, next to my desk .. I put a blanket on the chest .. you never know when a kitty will drop in for a nap.

I am making plans for my future, this   feels  like I am in a lovely nest .. watching my days drift by .. my life is drifting ... I want to do more than drift .. I want to see more than the cats every day ..
I want to do something more .. so plans are cooking .. thoughts are swirling ..

I have hopes and dreams, even now ..


Thank you but I don't need advice on eating or shopping ...






6 comments:

  1. I love that the woman from the 50's was staring back at you! Welcome her with open arms!!! Have a youthful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while you are on line shopping, there is a sale at LOFT and they have a really nice soft hoodie that I purchased one of, received, and purchased twice more, that's how much I love it. Can be worn with anything, any color, can be dressed up or down. It is comfortable and pretty. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. angie, you naughty girl, I have never seen Loft before ... sigh ... now I have .
    I saw a cowl neck sweater that was gorgeous - no hoodies, but there is so much to look at / buy !
    thank you ... I think ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re Loft, check under the Lou and Grey tab. It is there, you just have to scroll down. And I think they are doing a 40% off on line sale ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Angie !! I was also on Sephora and JCrew this morning .. lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE tops from Soft Surroundings, hint hint... So many that are so comfy to wear with with leggings and flats or boots. Online shopping is my downfall, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger