It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time there was this tiny blue kitten, whose mama was just too tired so she lay down in the snow and fell asleep. She was wrapped around her baby to protect her .. some human was walking in the snow and imagine their surprise when they found the tiny baby curled up next to her dead mama.
He rushed the kitten to Animalkind in Hudson NY where the vets and the wonderful people who work there, tirelessly, kept that tiny blue baby alive.

One day this lady walked in o the place.
She was newly widowed and very sad and lonely.
She had been thinking about getting a cat but her grief made her unable to do more than think about it, acting on it seemed such an exhausting proposition.

But one day, she had just enough energy to drive over and go inside.
The people there knew her from her previous visits and they were always so kind.
She walked in and there was one lady at the desk and the place was silent and no cats to be seen.

I walked over to the desk and said there are no cats ?
And she smiled at me and looked behind me .... I turned around and there was this tiny blue kitten, stalking me. I picked her up and she began to purr.
We both fell in love. At first sight.
I brought her home with me and the two of us slept together and ate together and she acted like she cared when I talked to her and she told me how she missed her Mama and I told her how I missed my husband and the two of us helped mend our broken hearts.

to be continued :

10 comments:

  1. I'm still having a few tears Candace - I recall Minette's arrival at your NY home and how much she helped you at your difficult time. She came to help you and of course you gave her a lovely home - you two truly belong together.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful story. So lucky you found each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lump in my throat.

    I feel heartbroken for that mama kitty, for the kitten struggling for life and for the beautiful broken widow. I feel grateful for the very same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your sweet comments and for being there too ... C

    ReplyDelete
  5. You write beautifully! I could picture every move in your scenario! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being new to your blog I did not know about your loss and this union of you and Minette. How wonderful that you were both in need of an understanding companion and found each other as you did. I am so sorry for your loss. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jan !

    Thank you Deb, welcome to my blog .. it isn't always sad :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice story about finding each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Poppy !She is sitting here now, waiting for me to get ready for bed. She won't go upstairs to bed until I do too. <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger