It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, June 23, 2017

The Bedroom

This was our bedroom in Buenos Aires.
I have the same bed, rug, furniture but somehow, that room looks nothing like the bedroom I have now. Here. In Florida. In a modern condo.
The ceilings are high here but no one can put up a chandelier for me. That's ok ... I am not staying long enough to bother.
Yeah, that is the New Decision made this week, more on that later.

I have always liked architecture .. I thought I was going to Art School to be a Fashion Illustrator, too bad I didn't go for the Architecture courses instead ..

So here we are ... in a sterile loft style condo in Florida.
Behind my home is a forest ... a State Forest so it is relatively free of bears and humans.
A green snake came out of that forest and stopped by for a quick visit .. the cats still haven't gotten over that and I am more alert to surprise visitors but so far, everything is quiet and peaceful.

I had the wrong thing or too much of something last night so I am not feeling well and will be spending a bit of time in that bed  there ... naps are good when you feel icky.
Of course, with my perfect timing , I got sick when my baby brother comes to visit.
I never have visitors and I rarely see my brother ... my timing sucks.

The cats and I are in our pajamas, it seems later, I have been up for hours already .. they will nap out in the sun .. I will go lie on my bed and moan quietly ...
Talk to you later ... she whimpers quietly ....

2 comments:

  1. Nothing more luxurious than a nap in the middle of the day. Especially when (if it isn't scorching or humid) you are able to open the windows and there is a slight breeze. And it is a Saturday afternoon, all the chores are done, and there is nothing left to do that requires immediate attention, unless one of the cats needs to be fed :) Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take good care. Be well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger