It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Coming and Going

Yikes !! My birthday is almost here ! Talk about sneaking up on a person.
It certainly isn't a matter of having so much fun I didn't notice the time slipping by ... that's for sure.
The cats and I spend our days in semi-comas, induced by boredom.
It is very beautiful here, the weather is perfect every day... all I hear is the wind and an occasional bird .. I get very excited when I see a little creature, a lizard, a tiny woodland elf ... well, not really but there are things out there that I can't quite see and I find it fun to imagine there are elves in the forest keeping an eye on the creatures here in the buildings... those odd human things.

So the cats and I amuse the elves in the forest with our boring activities and I plan and plot my next move.


Plans and plots are being hatched, I won't speak about anything in detail yet, there are really no details to speak of ... plus there are unkind  people  who read my blog every day .. let them learn what is next when everyone else does ..

I woke this morning to a rather large ( ok, she is enormous) cat sleeping next to my head .. heating my head if you like. Overheating my head ...
A small blue cat snuggled by my leg in such a way as to prevent me from rolling over ..
A very old and ridiculously sweet , very hairy cat, curled up against me, purring loudly, this rattling old man purr ... my heart melted before I even got up this morning !

These 3 small beings are what bring me Joy these days .. they bring me Love and they bring me Smiles.
Children used to do that, mine grew up. :) Sometimes they still make me smile though.
Husbands ( the good ones) do that, mine did. Every day of our lives together.
How lucky I was .
How lucky I am ..
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger