It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Way Down Here in Florida


So, Honey wanted to know last night if she could go outside and play today.
There is no making a cat understand the word "No" ... so we did something I consider dangerous.
I carried Honey ( who weighs at least 10 lbs ) around the house then we stepped out of the lanai and went right back inside.
She seemed to have been satisfied, she has not asked me again.
Now Minette, I have to watch out because it takes a lot to scare her.  .. And I ... well, these days, I might be more easily scared than I used to be.
Partly because I used to feel so safe and secure. Someone who knew what they were doing, was in charge.
Partly because I worry that  I forgot a really important reason why something is a good idea or not.

And that is what I am dealing with these days.
If something is a good idea.
You know how it is, if you really want something, then you can think of all the reasons why it is a good idea.
So the cats and I have been laying low and also ... waiting to see if anything changes.


So ...it was a gorgeous day ... no a/c needed but bright sun and blue skies.
All I can hear is distant airplanes sometimes, (AF Base) and an occasional car going by.
Today I heard a dog bark ... why mention it ? it is the first time I have heard one since I have lived here.

The cats looked puzzled and went back to sleep.
I looked slightly curious then went back to my book.

All is quiet and well , way down here in Florida.

My beautiful boy Merlin ... he has gotten more energetic as the day has gone on ... I am willing him to remain with me ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger