It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Talking in their Sleep



"You think I am dead,"
The apple tree said,
"Because I have never a leaf to show-
Because I stoop
and my branches droop,
And the dull grey mosses over me grow.

"But I'm still alive in trunk and shoot,
The buds of next May
I fold away.
But I pity the withered grass at my root"

"You think I am dead,
The quick grass said
Because I have parted with stem and blade.
But under the ground I am safe and sound
With the snows thick blanket over me laid."

"I'm all  alive and ready to shoot,
Should the Spring of the year
Come dancing here-
But I pity the flower without branch or root."

"You think I am dead"
A soft voice said,
"Because not a branch or root I own.
I never have died but close I hide
In a plumy seed that the wind has sown.
"Patient I wait through the long winter hours,
You will see me again-
I shall laugh at you then
Out of the eyes of a hundred flowers.


Edith Matilda Thomas
(1854-19250

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger