It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Every Day

Listening to Adele singing Hello.

Looking out the windows at mist, fog, grey skies, dark clouds.


Trying to imagine/remember that in Buenos Aires right now, it would be hot summer weather, bright sunshine, flowers everywhere, a gazillion birds in the parks .. all having good thoughts for me, the lady that always brought bags of crumbs from the extra stale scones the baker gave me.
He instructed me to be sure to tell the birds that the scones were from him ... a kind man with a sense of humor .. lovely.
I wonder if he misses us.

There was a very old woman, no teeth, ragged clothing, all her belongings in a bag , who sat on the park bench all day.
My husband and I made a point to buy an extra bag of scones to give her when we walked down to the park for our morning walk with Tate ... she never looked straight at us, never spoke, never smiled.

But one day when Tate was sniffing around, he walked right up to her and just leaned on her legs, waiting for ... a scone ? a touch ? giving love and sympathy ? I don't know but we waited to see how she would react.
She began to stroke his head, then his back ... the two of them stayed there, Tate leaning , she stroking for at least half an hour.

Then he left to sniff around some more and she went back to feeding the birds and talking to herself.
I wonder if she misses us.

So many weekly visits to the bakery in Recoleta where we got our scones and also the tasty little cheese pies my husband loved.


Here ... see for yourself .. get out your sweet tooth ..

Lepi - authentic French Bakery

I live on 2   wooded and parklike acres in New York State. I wake to bird song or lately, to cats meowing or purring.
It is quiet, serene, very lonely.
The people here are very very kind and nice and helpful.

Every day I am thankful that I am in such a nice place at this time in my life.
Every day I wish I was in Buenos Aires ..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger