It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, December 25, 2015

A Perfect Day

It was a perfect Christmas Day.
Everyone was in a good mood, happy, the weather was perfect, the food was good ... well , let me say this .. Christmas Dinner was delicious if I do say so myself.
I made pasta with smoked salmon sauce.
Dessert was brought by my visitors, Chocolate Mousse Cake.
There was nothing wrong with this dinner.

The weather was good, grey and cold but dry and not so cold we couldn't take a before dinner walk in the back and discover signs of deer being there , the woodchuck is back in residence and the baby likes to throw acorns at people.
That's my boy.

The presents were perfect. What I got was very thoughtful and I love them.
What they got were accepted with happiness and one little person now has a most favorite new toy.

The cats were laying low but the baby didn't really hunt them down and Minette puts up with him for a couple of minutes so he got to pet her and just look at Merlin.
Merlin slept most of the day.
Once I put my ear to his chest to be sure he was still breathing .. not kidding .. he was.
Boy does he sleep !

I also got presents online so that is always a treat  for me, since a mall is out of the question for me and the City is too far away.

So Christmas is over. It is almost time for everyone to gather together to welcome the New Year .. and start making plans .. Change is in the air.

Happy Holidays !

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!! And Merlin got nice long sleep. I wish I could sleep all day, too :-)
    Very Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was .. much better than the past few.
      Happy New Year to you too !

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely Christmas - but dammit, you have now made me crave pasta with smoked salmon (as if I haven't eaten more in the past week than in the past year already). And now on to a happy new year too. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas sounds lovely but I really think you need to share your recipe for the pasta...it sounds marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger