It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

London Calling



My friends in London have invited me to come visit , I can stay with them.
I can also  stay with a family member in their country home  .
From there I could visit a friend in Scotland.
And perhaps a friend in France.

I picture myself doing what I / we did in the past.
We went somewhere to visit .. a holiday .. and ended up loving the place and dreaming of living there.
I always wanted to live in England.


I would live in Scotland but 1- the weather might be more than I could cope with 2- would they understand me ? would I understand them ?
Would the fact that my great grand parents etc are English and Scottish help ? I doubt it.

 Actually, I want to go back in time.
Anyone want to go with me ?

Yes, I like the idea of the 1960s but even just a few years ago would be OK too.
Back when my life was about US and not just ME.

I like the clothes they wore then.
I love the hairstyles.
I do long bangs (fringe) well ... I can still wear a short skirt and tights.
I will copy Jean Shrimpton ... remember her ?
Or Julie Christie ... yeah ..




Anyone a few years younger than I , has no idea what I am talking about :)

So the cats and I are appreciating a list of nice things so far today ...
1- they allowed me to sleep past 6 am.
2- they allowed me to lie in bed with my coffee and read some of my new murder mystery.
a "cozy " murder mystery.
It was pretty cozy, snuggled in the bed with 2 fussy kitties and big soft pillows..

The sun is shining.
Fall colors are bursting out now - everywhere you look there are totally golden trees, red trees and a lot of leaves on the ground.

Maybe I will take the blower out there and neaten things up.
Or maybe I won't.
I kind of like the look ..
I might be moving. There will be no fall leaves where I might be going.
Unless I go to London.

Or .....

3 comments:

  1. You might learn to like the weather ans all its variations, but would you learn to like us Scots? It might be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great grandfather was a Scot :)
    And I have a long time friend who is a Scot . You can't scare me away lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My great grandfather was a Scot"

    I knew there was something good about you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger