It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday Monday ....

So Monday started out at Emergi-med with heart palpitations.
They wanted to give me drugs but those are just going to give me other problems, I just wanted to be sure the heart is ok.

The Heart  - She is OK :)

The nerves, they are pretty much kaput. ( sorry for using so many medical terms).

So I am getting no help with the packing , I am getting no help with the moving and I am going to do it all alone and as my sweet friend Chania said, when I am finished with all of this- I will be proud that I did it . and lived through it.

So I have the cats and myself to worry about and be concerned about.

Calling movers for estimates.
Taking the car to the shop to be sure it is in tip top shape for a long drive.
Checking with the hotels that I plan on staying in ... no driving at night !

and let me say one thing here ....
THANK YOU to everyone who has been encouraging and kind and tried to be helpful and who were helpful.
Sometimes, you have to be there to know what I am talking about and I appreciate those who have not been there but still send sweet encouragement.

No thanks to those who offered help but then when asked about it, told me they were busy.
No thanks to those who throw off thoughtless and not always kind notes/emails.
Remember what your mother said ... If you can't say anything nice - s t f u.

What ? your mom didn't say that ?
Neither did mine :)

I am now contacting movers and figuring out who sounds the best.
Some of them sound like used car salesman talking to the little lady ..
If my son were not so busy, I would ask him to do it .. let a man get some results.
But no, I am doing it on my own.

Well, with 2 cats.
Who decided to get territorial over who slept on which side of the bed and when I reached out to pat one, I got smacked !!! ungrateful little wretches.
But they both made up for it this am with sweet snuggles ( of course they were hoping for food, I just wanted a moment of sweetness)

So thank you for the kind words and good luck wishes, you know who you are. I will just be off on a different kind of adventure.
(unless I can put the car on the moving truck and fly with the cats )
one last idea.


14 comments:

  1. Hope to read more from you soon, and best of luck with the move! And also hope to hear from you when you hit Florida...I'd love to meet for a coffee :-)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with it all Candice. I know you can do it, even if you have a few torn nerves along the way.
    I look forward to reading of your new adventures in Florida.
    Heti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not comment on your most recent post so I am doing it here. I wanted to wish you well and safe travels, I will be looking forward for your update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the comments for both these posts are pushed together for some reason. Thank you though, I will have lots of stories to tell, no doubt :)

      Delete
  4. Stay at The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA on your trip to Florida. It is a beautiful old hotel and I know it accepts dogs so probably cats too. And it's on your way! It will make your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to look into it . as long as they accept cats. in crates.
      Otherwise, La Quinta was great for us with the dog .. so I can use them t.

      Delete
  5. I hope this doesn't post twice....good luck on your travels!!! You will be fine; you've planned ahead and that is important. Not sure where in Florida you're landing; my parents are outside Tampa, and they love it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do this! It is going to be an adventure and I want to wish you the very, very best.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shipping the car with the movers may make perfect sense for you I have a number of friends who have done this on long moves.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. But then I have to fly with 2 cats and arrive with no car. lol ... there is always something !!!!

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger