It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Memories in Photos







Imagine, we walked out the door of our home and this was outside.
These sights, these homes, these trees and parks and monuments.
Shopping in a shop that you walk down an alley , past potted trees and  a glass greenhouse that also sold teas from all over the world.
Just walking to the market, passing stores that had wonderful music playing, people in line for the bus, buying Lottery tickets and chatting with the shopkeepers .. my husband said one of the reasons I liked it so much was that everyone was chatty. I talked to them, they talked to me, someone else would come over and join in .. Always with smiles and kisses.
I miss those kisses.

3 comments:

  1. How fortunate you were to have the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place. Many years ago we lived in Morocco and I felt the same way, it really changed our lives and we never forgot it. I hope in the future you will be able to return for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you .. I am hoping that the flight being shorter from Miami to BA will make visiting once a year a possibility. I keep making vague plans in my head , move first then start looking forward to a visit back.
    At least some of my friends come to Florida once a year so I will see them again !
    I am thinking of all the positives in this move .. the only negative is leaving behind my son, his wife and the baby .. that made the decision so much harder to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your courage for making such a monumental move. Those thoughts go through my head but I would have to leave my entire family behind, something I couldn't do. At least you will have your daughter nearby. From the things you have blogged and written on Fodor's I don't know how you managed to live in such an isolated environment. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger