It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Minette Takes a Nap ... by the Eiffel Tower

Sometimes a nap just overcomes you and you   look for the closest spot to enjoy it.
And what better with a view of the Eiffel Tower ? !!

4 comments:

  1. I have a little Tower like yours, I came home with it on my last trip to France...awfully trite, but it sits on my desk and every time I look at it I am reminded of Paris.

    I see that Minette likes to sleep in baskets, so does Miss Twiggley and like Minette prefers the one on my desk.

    It sounds as if the your weather is finally improving, hope so, you have had such a horrible winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't it been the longest winter on record ? years long !
    Oh Minette loves baskets and her little igloo that sits i a big crate .. when it is nap time, she goes walking in and goes right to sleep in her little cave.
    That Eiffel Tower was bought in a shop somewhere in New Jersey years and years ago ! My husband thought I was crazy but the thing goes with me everywhere .. I just like it :)
    The sun is shining. I was not sure what that light was at first, it has been so long since I have seen it.
    I don't think winter could be worse than last winter when my husband died .. my first winter alone and first winter back in the US and first winter here in this house in the middle of nowhere but snow.
    I feel like I can make it through anything now. Even another winter like that :)
    plans are underfoot ... a new location is being researched as we speak !
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Minette's name in French 'little kitty'? Maybe she is dreaming of the old country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minette is the French noun for the English word cat.
    I named her Minette because 1- she was "no bigger than a minute" / minette .. (I was raised in the South)
    and she deserved a nice pretty name ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger