It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Zoop !




I finally got myself out of the house and over to the market where walking from the car to the door was scary , very scary.
They did a horrible job removing   ice  all around the doors and I was so afraid I would slip and fall  ... these little fears pop up now ( they never did before -  I was fearless) but now being alone, I worry ...

I was not sure what I was going to get , what dinner would be but there they were ... all the ingredients for a big pot of Ribollita.
So I scurried home with a bag full of carrots, celery and garlic and right now, on the stove is a big pot of soup bubbling away.

My Version of Ribollita:


 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 sweet yellow, onion diced
2 carrots, diced
4 cloves garlic , minced
Salt and Pepper
1 large can of chopped tomatoes - with juice
1-2 cups spinach - chopped
basil oregano (to taste)
6 cups of broth ( I use vegetable)

you can add a chunk of Parmesan rind
1 cup (I alway use more) spaghetti , broken into 1 inch pieces

You just saute the onion, carrots and garlic in oil,
add the tomatoes,
add the broth,
when it is boiling add the pasta
 when the pasta is cooked, the soup is ready.

*I don't go by timers or measurements that much .. taste it at the end and decide what it needs if anything .. sometimes it gets too thick, add some water or broth ..

Have grated Parmesan on the table. Enjoy ~

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! So delicious! If i lived close, i'd be right over! Be careful. Very very careful when you go places. Since we've lived outside Portland, Oregon for almost 20 years, i've grown unused to walking on ice. Growing up in Maine, it was just something i did. But i was young then.... now i'm over 50 and a little afraid of ice..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger