It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Cows and I

I might not have wanted to live here alone , I might not have wanted to even live here at one time, but I must admit, today I realized that it isn't such a bad place after all.

As long as the sun shines, it is comfortable to be outside and to take a walk up the hill to say hello to the Sheep and the Horse and wave at the Highland Cattle who are napping in the shade.
The little sheep are almost as large as their mother but they run behind her and baaaa and she just mopes along. Sheep walk with their heads down .. they look so dejected.

The one horse looks like he needs a girlfriend. I mean he obviously looks like he needs a girlfriend.
He isn't a gelding.

There was a new Highland Calf born. Its mama won't let me see it. I am not going to beg.
In fact, I am not even going to mention it to her. I will just bide my time and that (not really so little) baby will come to me.
They all do, eventually.


so did I mention I am sitting here all dressed up and nowhere to go ?
Yeah, I thought I would wear one of the necklaces I made, so it had to go with something.

Picture it ... crisp white cotton shirt. blue jeans, folded at the ankles with ballet flats. and a necklace made of denim blue colored beach glass beads more like glass balls .. with small blue pearls between them. The cows loved it .


Look out the window ....


4 comments:

  1. I love this post!
    You sound a lot better, Candice!
    And the horse....WHOA!!!
    enjoy your week...
    I am heading to the cottage for a few days with my SIL...
    Scrabble board will get a workout!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, in northern CaliforniaJuly 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM

    Wish we could meet for tea somewhere and you could just talk. About anything. Animals are wonderful, pets are priceless but you need the human touch.

    Is it possible to be too close to your husband? I'm beginning to believe this is true and, in your case, more so because you lived in Brazil and traveled. If anything, this strengthened the bond, making you more protective of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Linda :)
    Enjoy scrabble games at the cottage. I happen to be a superior Scrabble player lol ...

    Gail.. that would be nice, tea and a chat.
    I think being close to ones spouse is a gift and I don't think too close is possible. We lived in Argentina :)
    I think I/we were lucky. There was nothing that I would have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, in Northern CaliforniaJuly 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

    I have to agree with you...it isn't possible to be too close or love too much. And what a lovely gift we had. Like you, I would change nothing. He was my life. I miss him beyond belief.

    LOL..where did I come up with Brazil? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger