It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

I Made It

The Rains stopped.
The Sun came out.
Life has begun to return to Normal.
Or as in my life, the new normal. I have still not adjusted to things but I am managing.
The kitten made a big difference.
I wondered a few times if I would make it through one more snow storm. Being unable to even open the front door, impossible to get the car out of the garage, terrified something would happen and no one would be able to help me or rescue me or whatever.
All my life, there was Someone there for me.
While the children are there .. for their mom  ... I live alone with a kitten.
A life I had no previous experience with and felt that I was getting way too many tests to see if I could do it properly.
I feel lucky , looking back, that I managed at all.
I picture me, lying in bed ... weeping ... mountains of Kleenex all over the house, no food, only coffee, and an occasional cinnamon roll .. a pitiful mess.
But I did it.
It is Spring, the sun is shining, the garden is over the shock of that sun shining and the warmth each day .. everything is blooming and half of it I don't recognise but it is all Good.

The kitten has a new pasttime , she lies on a little pillow, in the Garden Room, in front of the sliding doors .. a screen door is all there is between her and a family of tiny chipmunks.
The baby chipmunk is even curious about Minette. They met ... with only glass between them, they both froze then just stared and no one got all fussed, they just went on with what they were doing.
Sure Minettes tail was whipping around like crazy and the chipmunk didn't come to the glass again but they acted pretty cool if you were to ask me.

I ran my errands today then realized there was nowhere to go and nothing else to do.
So I came home and called the vet.
Tomorrow Minette and I go see what the tests had to say and if there is a cure for her not-so-good tummy.
Fingers crossed it is something easy and effective and does not require anything that will be scarey.
I can't deal with scarey.
I can just manage to deal with this !

I find every day I am overwhelmed with the need to Shop.
I am looking for sneakers. But cool ones. I don't know where to find them.
I will look when we are in Hudson tomorrow .. a town populated with Cool People, they must have shoe stores.

More tomorrow.. fingers crossed for Minette.


1 comment:

  1. Our much loved cat Lily had tummy problems for years. Various tests didn't really help in diagnosing the problem and she had several bouts of severe pancreatitis. Eventually the vet suggested food allergy, with beef being the most common culprit among cats. That was 2 years ago. Strictly no beef now in her diet and she is much, much better.
    Hope Minettes vet finds a treatable cause for her issues.
    Lilibet

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger