It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

3 degrees ?

So I woke to bright sunshine,  blue skies ... it was cheerful !
The house is warm and cozy, a bit empty and someone is missing but it is not terrible here right now.

I took my time with several cups of coffee, reading blogs, looking at photos on my tumblr blog.

Then I made my grocery list .
Time to get the day started !

Now it is after Noon and I am dressed and ready to go out.
I got a phone call.
Telling me to stay inside, it is too cold out.

How cold is too cold ?
Well, apparently 3 degrees F is too cold.

Ha ! I laugh at 3 degrees !
Feh ! I say ... the sun is shining, cars are driving, people are out and living, even if it is 3 degrees out there ...
(I don't know how to make the little degree thingee on the computer)

But then the seed was planted :(
What if the car breaks down, a tire flattens, 3 degrees might not ffffffeel sssooo gggood :(

What to do, what to do ?

I am wearing my warmest clothes, several layers of them and I am going to the market.
I won't go to my favorite store .. it is in Great Barrington, I will go to one that is more local.

Feh .. 3 degrees .. spoils all my fun :(

3 comments:

  1. Alas mrlou and I woke up to a balmy flat lined zero degrees. Good news is that it is now a toasty 12 degrees! Thinking of you
    gyp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, in northern CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2014 at 1:57 PM

    Onward! Bless your heart.

    One more day in a lonely house and we will surely go stark raving mad...that's what it feels like. Groceries, for sure but humans need human contact...voices, a hug, something to do, distractions...I understand.

    Let us know when you've arrived back home. We'll worry otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for braving the cold. I don't like to stay home for days just because it's cold either. I only want to stay home whe i want to stay home. Lol. Be safe though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger