It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, December 13, 2013

I know it is not October anymore ... but





O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow's wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
The crows above the forest call;
Tomorrow they may form and go.
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow,
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know.
Release one leaf at break of day;
At noon release another leaf;
One from our trees, one far away.
Retard the sun with gentle mist;
Enchant the land with amethyst.
Slow, slow!
For the grapes' sake, if they were all,
Whose leaves already are burnt with frost,
Whose clustered fruit must else be lost—
For the grapes' sake along the wall.

-Robert Frost


This is too beautiful not to share, October or December

1 comment:

  1. Robert Frost's poetry is stunning, thank you for sharing this one. I visited his home in NH years ago when I lived there - quite new to America, missing my true home and family as I was expecting a child by then. It is my husband's home state and he enjoyed sharing the lovely New England countryside. The land about was beautiful - I definitely recall stone walls separating the fields and pastures.

    Dear one, I know this season is hard for you. I worry about you a lot, imagining how it must be to walk in your shoes. I hope you will be with your family over the holidays - I know there is a huge void in your life. My sister-in-law, just 56, lost her husband this year, a prince of a man who was taken from us too soon. Her Christmas will be hard too - she has a son and a daughter who live in other states - I pray they can come home to PA to be with her.

    Send cheer and blessings - it's hard to know what to say, but just know I pray for you.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger