It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

We are here ~

There is a house at the top of the hill.
It is beautiful and always pristine. No leaves have been allowed to stay more than 10 minutes on the lawns, no twigs or sticks linger in the grass, even the birds seem to be very tidy.

These creatures, great and small, live next door to the perfect tidy house. 
You will notice, they keep their pasture quite neat and clean also. 
These are the neighbors I have to keep up with ?? !
And of course, there is a stone wall I love. 
I have the tiny baby 2 stone high version.
But mine is growing. 
It will never be this large but it will gather stones and become more of a stone wall than it is now. 
Now it is just a nice place for the chipmunks to play. 
Which is not a bad thing.
Ever see chipmunks play? 
Adorable.
Such is life in the country.
I am still in shock.
I looked at the shoes I had stacked neatly in my closet.
All city shoes. Beautiful suede lace up  things that are being shown in fashion magazines at this moment.
Mine are hiding in a box, terrified I will take them out and make them walk on something other than a city street.
At the same time, all my big city handbags are clamoring for me to take them out and let them have some fun ... they want to Carry Things.
I hate to tell them, I no longer carry things.
I just put them in the car.
I drive home now.
No more walking 20 blocks to pick up   croissants and then to the fish market for some salmon then to the produce market for the most perfect red tomatoes that I have not found here yet ...
Yes, I am in farm country and I cannot find a good Argentine tomato.
Go figure.
But there is time to discover the right places that sell the things I want.
We are still decorating and buying furniture, I need the right light fixtures .. apparently my Argentine chandeliers will not work here and I think my ( lazy) electrician will not wire them and get them to work. He says it cannot be done.
But the electrician in Buenos Aires, made my USA lamps work there ...  hmmmm.
Tomorrow we will hop in the car and go to some farm stands and buy ... farm things.
And stop in a cafe somewhere and have coffee and marvel that we are here ..


2 comments:

  1. Hi, what an amazing life! How are you finding re-adapting to living in your country again? I lived away from Spain for many years and when I returned I found adapting to it a bit difficult.
    http://reyesrobledo.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet friend... I so hear you on the city fashion not working in the country. As I heal and get stronger ...my yearning for the city is growing -- and with having spent time at our home in the city to over see the current renovations ... leaving the city is getting more difficult. If I could have the spaciousness of the country home in the city ... how great that would be. hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger