It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Happy


It is Saturday night, we have been back in the United States for a little over one month and I am sitting here listening to my son have a discussion with his father about this and that .. while my daughter in- law naps on the other sofa and the only sound from outside is Silence
We are in a small town in Massachusetts, in a 200 year old house. 
This makes me happy.

We got emails from friends in Buenos Aires today.. they miss us. 
I miss them. 
I miss the sweet people in the street, the shopkeepers who knew us and helped us and when we spoke Castellano and they would pretend that we spoke perfectly ...
I miss my furniture.

I miss my paintings and The Rug.
That rug was bought when my son was 4 years old. 
It has lived in a few homes, in a few states and now another continent .. and now it is on a ship and I miss it .
It is time it has a new home.

I am tired of the clothes I brought. I have worn them for a month. 
My skill was pretty impressive in picking out the tops and bottoms that would make multiple outfits for a month .. today I got to skip the coat and wear my little "tuxedo slippers" instead of boots.
It is time we had a new home, with nice big closets for my stuff. (shoes ... handbags)

We have seen a few houses.
Quite a few.
We went as far as making an offer  on one .. actually, you can call it a bidding war.
Our "opponent" pulled out all the tricks and managed to win the house.
We stopped looking for a couple of days and tried not to think about buying a house.
Then Thursday, we looked at a house, with the realtor as she had to do something for someone at this house.
Now I think we want the house.
Monday we will go and take another look.
It is everything I said I did not want.
I have to come to grips with that.
If I do and If we do and If it happens, you will hear all about it.

For now, I am being Mom. 
Cooking, listening, advising ( whether anyone needs it or not ) and laughing and enjoying myself ... very very much.
It's Saturday night and I am surrounded with family( with only the girl child missing) and the sound of famiar voices and laughter and I am Happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger