It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Country Life



Wistfully Country
Thanks to my friend Mimi, I have fallen in love with a new tumblr blog.
It is called Wistfully Country .. perfect name , in my opinion.

I am sitting here with the air conditioning on at 9:30 pm. It has been very hot and a little humid for days now.
Now that it has stopped raining.
We have a new and large mosquito population and so far, they have all found me available for a bite.
Benadryl is my  drug of choice along with OFF spray and I am considering one of those hats with the mosquito netting .. except maybe mine will drag on the ground ..
I will waft through the streets draped in mosquito netting, until the nice men in white coats drag me away.
As long as they drag me somewhere mosquito-less, I am not going to complain.

Now, where was I ? Ahhh, yes, The Country.
I am leaving this country to move back to my home country.
While there we will be in The City for a short amount of time then we will move north to  ...
The Country.

We will find a little house in the woods and settle down for a new sort of life, as Country Mice.
City Mice have a lot of fun and see a lot of City Things but then there comes a time, for some of us, when we don't want to hear cars and horns, we want to hear birds and crickets.

I know some City People that get paranoid and off - balance after a night out of the city, they are City people to the core.
But I think that I , having been a City person for a long time, now want to get back to my Country girl roots.

I look at houses on-line and imagine the flower gardens, the landscaping, the vegetable gardens.
I plan where I will put the rows of sunflowers , the bird feeders, the wind chimes.
I read about paint colors and country kitchens and painting sky blue ceilings on porches.
I talk with my husband about the car that will carry 2 people, several people, any babies that might happen along and a nice big dog.
We speak of things like firewood and acres and how many fireplaces and no lake but maybe a stream ?

I daydream about antiquing and cooking a family meal and having everyone around the table, for the first time in many many years.
We are vagabonds. Our children share this gene.
One lived in Asia for many years, one lives in the Southern US and we, well we live all over the place.. but now we are going to go Home.

To the country.
Which will seem like going to yet another foreign country, but we will speak the language.
I hope.









1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I am a city girl but I love spending time in the country. It's great for my creative side in particular. I'm so excited for your new adventures!

    x Milsters

    (http://www.littlepiecesoflight.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger