It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Summer musings


I still find myself expecting to see, out of the corner of my eye, a brown curly haired pup bounding up or down those stairs.
Waiting at the top for us slowpokes to catch up with him.
It hurts but it is good that I remember him so clearly.
He is not gone forever if he is not forgotten.

The parks are in full bloom now.
It is early Summer now .
There are squadrons of noisy parrots flying about .. settling in trees just outside the window.. you know, just in case we wanted to hear ourselves think.
There are flowers of all colors and types, exotic ones and familiar ones, everywhere.
And the trees, oh my .. the trees.
They have flowers, the bark is odd, the scent is wonderful, the birds love them and so do I.

Happily we live near miles of parks so we are able to get our dose of Green as many times a day as we wish.
I am about to make a summer purchase.
I want one ( well,2 really) of those little folding chairs.
I will sit on the chair in the shade, no tan for me .. and read.
I might even go all out and bring a picnic or just a drink or two.
Maybe some alfajores for those who find themselves in need of a snack.
All that fresh air you know.

I am getting the urge to change my nest.
Must be the Summer air and all those birds.
I want rugs for this spot and pictures hung here and there and a curtain hung there.
I contemplate having the painter come in then shudder at what it Really means.
Things are fine as they are .. let's not mess with things .. (she says) ... He nods in agreement. Phew !
Let's just get more flowers !

1 comment:

  1. They are never, ever gone...they're in our hearts for ever, in our memories & thoughts...always!! It's such a blessing to have them there...even though the twinge in the tummy accompanies them.
    xo J~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger