It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fleas !

This is the one place I wasn't able to get to this week.
The Mercado de Pulgas ... The Flea Market !
See what it looks like !
We bought light fixtures there for our new apartment, we bought small things but now I am seriously considering an old beaten up Thonet Bentwood rocking chair, if there are any lying around.
I saw a few, last time I visited, I should have grabbed one then ... but you know how that goes !
And I am in the market for a 1..large mirror 2 .. large painting or poster or Thing to go on a large empty wall.
I think chances are that I will find something ... if only some new, old antique China teacups .

It is just fun rummaging through the place so whatever I come home with, it will have been worth the trip.

3 comments:

  1. i love flea marketing! have fun...


    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the Paris Flea Market. Do they have animals at yours? MtV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,MtV, if only it were Paris !! :)
    They actually do have a couple / few dogs that lie around but I never know if they are pets or strays that are left alone.
    There are so many stray dogs here and people are generally very kind to them.
    It poured rain today.
    No fleas .. only a wet dog. But he feels good so we do too !!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger