It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Brrrr ... a whine

It is cold out. Brrrr.
Cold like winter up in the Northern Hemisphere.
Where it could snow if it were a little bit colder and a little bit wetter. Or so it seems.
It snowed our first July here. On the 9th, a huge holiday .. everyone was out in the park and off from work and it was such fun watching how they all enjoyed seeing snow falling. Even a tiny bit of snow ..
My blood has thickened. I am becoming Argentine.
I go out in 50 degree weather in my warmest coat, with scarf and gloves and boots and socks and manage to keep up a constant whine about how cold I am .. I know, pathetic.
Pup bounces along like someone stuck springs in his feet. He has his own fur coat, apparently it is warmer than mine.. which is that puffy stuff .
We wanted to run a few errands.
We walked out the door, went to the corner and I said I was freezing.
We walked half a block to the cafe and had coffee and apple crumble.
Then we continued the walk. I think half a block from the cafe, I was freezing again. But no more coffee.. whine.
We picked up some fresh Salmon and dried papaya and mango .. have you ever had dried mango ? papaya ?
If possible, try it, you will be in the same situation I am in ... addicted.
We took Pup out for a walk after we got back , it was no warmer and I think he was not even that thrilled to be out, so here we are, snug as bugs in our warm apartment and I feel like I might not go out again until Spring.
Well, maybe to a mall.
Of course, if someone wants to take me out to dinner , then I will consider it ..
Pup gets to have his walks though .. but I don't promise not to whine !

1 comment:

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger