It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Day in the Life of an Expat

Sunset from the ArtSuites Hotel.

Because of a lifelong reluctance to go to bed on time, I was awake very late last night.
Therefore this morning, I was reluctant to wake up , to get out of bed.
After copious amounts of coffee and sitting in front of the computer like a zombie, I managed to get myself ready and go to a movie with my husband.. take a nice walk in the park with Pup .. and make a nice dinner ..

We may or may not take a walk later when it is cooler and dark.
Right now I think it is still in the 80's at almost 7:40 PM and I am quite content to remain here with my best friend, the Air Conditioner.
Pup divides his time between the hall where he can keep an eye on me or in the living room with my husband, where the television can be found.
When he gets lonely or too warm, he will come in here ( Pup, not my husband) and I will move my chair back so he can rest his head in my lap.

Which eventually will involve a 50+ lb dog, leaning on me with his entire weight, possibly dozing off .. and I have no heart to disturb him so I sit here, regardless of my legs falling asleep, totally numb, not doing anything that I might have to do.
I have my priorities, you know.

We went to the cinema today. Perfect for a hot day.
I was not thrilled with the movie and it contained a sad part concerning a horse so while I admit the movie was sort of entertaining, the horse part spoiled it for me.
Tomorrow, I think we are going to see the Black Swan and regardless of how good a movie it is, I will see ballet and hear Swan Lake.
That is a perfect way to spend a couple of hours on a very hot day, in my opinion.

The weather may cool off, I have no idea, I have quit looking ..
I know some day, it will have to give way to Autumn and Winter.
I can wait .. I think.
Family is supposed to come visit but we have not heard When ! I am looking forward to that.

We went to the park with Pup in the afternoon but no one wanted to stay and apparently the heat kept the pickpockets away, or was it me ?
A late night walk with a Pup to an ice cream shop is possible.

And I have had time to consider writing more, taking more photos and I am enjoying putting them on the Tumblr website..

This weekend, there will be some sort of plans made to go somewhere and eat something and listen to music maybe or just shop or perhaps, visit someone .. I have enough to think about tonight, I will put that off until tomorrow.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I forgot all about the horse scene - it was extremely traumatic...must have blocked it out b/c I didn't remember it till I read your post. I hope you enjoy Black Swan ... :) Looking forward to hearing what fun you have on the weekend... I'll have to live vicariously through your posts ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, what movie had the sad horse part? want to hear about the swan. Mt. V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mt. V, it was True Grit. Tomorrow the Swan. besos!

    Sabrina, that's okay, I will block it out too ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you while surfing the web. It's interesting to read about someone suffering through summer heat in the other hemisphere. Just think, if you'd stay in the US (I think that is where you're re from?) you might have been buried in snow.

    I like your Alan Cohen quote in the side bar. I've lived in a number of countries, am now in the US, but -- I know this sounds bad -- it's too comfortable here. I must get moving again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Footloose, thank you for your comment ! Yes, the family is buried in snow and they have no patience with my whining about the heat.
    Sometimes "comfortable" is perfect and sometimes we want more .. There are all sorts of quotes about moving and seeing new things and learning as you go, I am a great enthusiast for travel and trying new things.
    Doing it while you are young is important, the older you get, the more things there are to hold you back.
    besitos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Late night walks for ice cream are the best! Hope you went.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger