It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy



We might go to the park and just sit in the warm sunshine and let my weary bones soak in the warmth.
Or I will still be forced to stay indoors and take my medicine and get well already !
This is what happens when a person is rarely sick. When they do get ill, it hits like a ton of bricks. . and that person who is rarely sick, is not that good at following doctors orders and being patient .
That person is so very lucky to have someone who watches out for pill times and if there is anything the patient needs .. just more luck , in my opinion .. having a person like that around.

And then there is the Pup.
Remember Nanny in Peter Pan ? That is Pup these days.
He is always nearby, makes sure I stay put, relax ... you know that petting a dog or cat can lower your blood pressure... petting this particular Pup will sometimes put me to sleep .. along with him.
We are both big fans of Nap time now ..

Yesterday we received news that also makes me feel better, even while not feeling well, my heart is so much lighter, my spirits so much higher that this little illness is just a bit of nothing to be dealt with and then forgotten.
Carrying a worry for months can turn into a habit.
Even when you have finally been told there is nothing to worry about, you still catch yourself falling back into that old habit .. who knew that one had to make an effort to remember to be Happy and Don't Worry ?

So thank you for the notes and emails, I am getting better fast and in the meantime, I am not worrying and I am being happy .. I wish the same for you.



1 comment:

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger