It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, February 8, 2016

The Day Has Begun

A simple park lamp. So pretty.
Sometimes we would see lamps with the glass broken and a little bird's nest inside. I liked that the park people never disturbed the nests until the babies were gone. Then you would have a lamp with
a little bunch of twigs and bird down ..  with a nest for rent sign out ..

Looking out my window at the grey sky and knowing how very cold it is right now in Upstate NY, I dream daily of the warm sun in Buenos Aires, the flowers, the trees, not wearing a coat ! and the music.
No matter where you go, there is good music playing.

We would walk for miles , we rarely took a taxi, it was so much more fun to walk.
Now, I sit and when I go somewhere I sit in a car . The places to go are so limited, I am not sure how I feel about the people at the supermarket knowing me on sight .. I don't think all of my neighbors know me on sight.

I am listening to one of my favorite CDs from Buenos Aires.
Aqualactica. We saw them one summer night performing in the park and bought a CD.
Now I want all the CDs .. http://www.aqualactica.com/

It is not Tango music.

There are two cats in my home.
They sleep with me at night, after about half an hour of vying for Best Spot on the bed , regardless of the fact that I might already be sleeping in that spot.
They don't seem to move all night .. but around 5 am they decide it is time to get up.
Merlin will stand at the door to the bedroom and tap on it ... maaaa,  I  want out ....
Minette will get all alert and hop down and sit next to him and just watch him. Does she think he is going to show her how to open a door ?
Finally she throws herself at the door ... that always works.
Mama gets up and opens it .. they leave.
Mama closes the door, goes back to bed ... relaxes .... Minette throws herself at the closed door.
Mama gets up, opens the door , Minette comes in .. Merlin slowly mosies in .. Mama goes back to bed.
What is that sound ? a rumble .. a phlegmy rumble , Merlin .. .. purring.
Ouch ! Minette has decided biting my head will get breakfast started faster.

I stagger into the kitchen, feed them, grab my coffee and head back to bed.
But I am awake.
I sit at the computer ... the day has Begun.

1 comment:

  1. Our two kitties do the same kinds of things! They always want to be on the other side of whatever closed door. There are secrets behind them, you know, and they are curious cats! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger