It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Best Laid Plans

I had plans for today.
I had places to go and people to see.
I had ambition. I had energy. I had no idea it was going to be a big snowstorm.

Minette is bored.
Therefore she does things to make me jump up and chase her around yelling.
She laughs.

It is so very beautiful out.
Yes, I took a gazillion photos.
Like I never saw snow before.
Like it didn't snow all winter last year.
Like I won't see it again next winter.
Minette just shakes her head .. rolls her eyes .. I have no idea where she got that from !

So far this morning, I have had a full pot of coffee ... watch out !
I have eaten about 5 of those tiny cinnamon rolls that come in the round plastic container at the local grocery .
I have another one in the freezer ... I thought ahead.

There is enough soup ( I made Ribollita and love it !!) and there is plenty of pasta makings and if things get really bad, there is Bisquick , milk and eggs...
Pancakes for dinner !

Oh ... and I have potatoes and spinach .. omelets !

See ... I am getting the hang of this snowed in thing .. as long as I don't lose power I am all set.
As long as I don't lose my mind ... is another matter. .

2 comments:

  1. I hope this will make you smile. Show it to Minette, she of the sexy name and adorable eyes. Stay warm, here the wind just knocked to the ground a very large statue from a fountain, and in Buenos Aires the weather is....
    never mind. I am sure you know.

    http://tinyurl.com/ovefqae


    Allegra

    ReplyDelete

  2. Allegra, I love that video. I saw it before, when we were still in Buenos Aires :) it is great , now I will save it , thank you !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger