It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturdays, Skies, Snow, Stuff

No, that isn't my house.
It is cool though, a barn with the garage on the side .
But to give you an idea of what my neighborhood is like, that belongs to a nearby neighbor.

And this is my sky. Our sky. The sky.
But those are my trees !
Many of them decided that their huge branches were just too big, too long, too heavy so they dropped them in the yard. I will do nothing about it for now, with the snow and ice and what have you, I am sure there will be more large objects in the garden soon enough.
When it is convenient , the Tree Man can come with his brave men, large equipment that chops whole trees into saw dust in minutes .
Good thing I have a gazillion trees, I can afford to lose a few.
Why am I up so early ? Actually Minette allowed me to sleep until 5 .
She is like any baby, she is awake, the rest of the household might as well be awake also.
Then when you get up, stagger around with your first (of many) cups of coffee ... she goes back to sleep.
It is all a plan. She knows exactly what she is doing.

I will spend the day buying last minute Christmas presents, wrapping paper and Stuff.
Have a good weekend.
Stay warm.
Or Cool if you are that lucky ... just don't tell me about it if you are.


5 comments:

  1. I do the same thing that Minette does.We are divas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, I remember the days when I was Minette ! A diva is not a bad thing :) love you

      Delete
  2. You have a good weekend too! Those are some BIG TREES! Yes. Our kitties think we are their servants and live for them. Lol. And sometimes I think it's true too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, they are big but there are even bigger !! the branches are the size of trees. Hopefully none of them fall towards the house. I guess I have to accept the fact that I too, am Minettes servant . She has definitely started to cheer me up in the mornings though, she likes to cuddle .. finally ! purring and snuggling can make a huge difference in the day.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger