It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

All Alone In the Woods With A Kitten

Yep, that's me.
In a silent house, in a silent neighborhood, in what might be a silent world .. all alone with a kitten.

There were probably a gazillion times , through the years, that I might have wished to be alone, just for a little while, with some quiet time.
Well, I got my wish and all I can say about that is Be Very Careful What You Wish For !

The kitten is on her pillow, nose pressed to the screen door, watching for chipmunks.
She will be there all day.
Unless I pick her up and talk to her and give her ideas for other pastime, s which she will ignore.
But she is polite about it .. she will stare at my face while I speak, making me nervous because I think she will poke me in the eye or bite my nose .. then I put her down and she dashes back to her pillow by the screen door to watch for chipmunks.
~sigh~ Kittens are stubborn .. very stubborn.

It is really beautiful outside.
I really must get dressed and go out and meet the day.

I have a feeling it will involve a drive .. a long one maybe ... perhaps to another state .. which isn't that far away .. buy some good coffee ? maybe a pair of shoes ? see another celebrity hanging out just like the rest of us ... buy some chocolate goodies ... the world is waiting.. too bad the kitten can't come too.

Or maybe I will stay here and work in the garden.
Put on the hat my husband bought when we moved here .. he said You will look Beautiful while you garden ... how can I not wear that hat  now ??
The kitten and the chipmunks deserve it.

I have been shopping sort of the way I did in Argentina.
Each day I think of what I might want to eat that day then I drive to the farm "stands" and buy fresh produce and fruit and that is what I eat.
Last nights dinner was a sandwich made with a gigundous  malformed red tomato and instead of mayonnaise, I used Creamy Ceasar Salad Dressing  on a big round Naan.
 I managed to eat most of it.
It would have been better for two.

I am thinking of making a vegetable couscous .. sauteed zucchini. tomatoes  and onions and lots of spices and mixing them with couscous made with vegetable broth.

I am thinking that I never eat out anymore and I never get dinner delivered.
Boy has my life changed !
I think I can get pizza delivered but at night here, having someone come to the door in the pitch black dark gives me the creeps so I don't even try.

Besides, I still miss Argentina pizza ..
Minette is calling, she probably got tired of stalking chipmunks and now wants to play Bite Mamas Chin... yeah, she likes to think up new games.






2 comments:

  1. The thing I miss the most since moving to the middle of nowhere is take out food. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes !!!!
    Oh now I am really sad ... We used to get the best pizza in BA .. thin very thin and sauces were always very good.
    Or .. we could call any restaurant around and order and pick it up .. I had the most beautiful kitchen but didn't really cook that much .
    Now I am really homesick for BA !
    Thanks a lot lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger