It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Summer Thoughts in April

We have a swimming pool.
A swimming pool no one will use.
But .... the "pool house" where the motor and equipment are kept, looks like a tiny enchanted cottage. With little shutters on the little windows and Dutch doors .. a picket fence goes around the pool.
I plan to plant Hollyhocks and all sorts of English garden flowers in the window boxes and around the little house ...
It will be my own little tiny Enchanted Garden.

We have seen hummingbirds here already, this will cinch the deal, they will move in and stay.
I was happy to see as many butterflies as we had last year, this year they will have more flowers that are just for butterfly enjoyment.

Roses grow along the picket fence as well as vines that flower nicely .. it will be a small but very enjoyable job to keep that part of the garden pretty and just the way I like it.

If there is no other alternative, I will learn to ride that lawn mower ... never mind it fills me with dread, getting on that thing.
No, I know other people do it and love it but it just scares me.

But there will be plenty of work to do out there .. the sort I like to do .. window boxes, urns by doors overflowing with ivy and flowers, bird feeders , wind chimes...
I wonder how long it will be before the snow is gone ...
I hope it is in time for the 4th of July.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger